Daytona Beach Riverhouse was built in the mid to late
1960's as an apartment complex.
The land it is built upon is
called Bethune Point, named after an early plantation owner in the area.
Bethune Point had
an Air Mail landing strip before WWII and was the site of the
crash of the first Air Mail airplane to take off
from the area.
In the late 1930's it was just a large vacant lot next
door to the Daytona Boat Works.
Many famous boats were built and docked at the Boat
During WWII Bethune Point was the site of a large
Woman's Army Corp camp.
In 1972 it was converted to the present condominium
project. And later the Apartment Complex to the west was built.